Serve with FBC Woo
“It’s never too late, friends. We’re never too young; we’re never too old; we’re never too damaged or worn or fragile for God to use us. The promise of God is alive in each and every one of us. So, go. And bloom.” -Rev. Brent Newberry
Some of the ways we serve include:
- Helping local refugee families and families in need
- Knitting warm clothing (knitting group meets weekly on Wednesdays 2-4 PM)
- A Little Free Pantry on the church property
- Supporting the local Hope for Housing organization by buying grocery cards
- Serving meals at the Mustard Seed on the last Tuesday of the month
- Hosting a Heifer International Living Gift Market
- Teaming up with Second Chance Animal Shelter to provide discounted vaccinations at our Blessing of the Animals service
- Buying Christmas presents for children of prisoners through Angel Tree
- Donating to local and global organizations that serve people such as the American Baptist Churches of Massachusetts (TABCOM) White Cross, Elm Park Ministries, International Ministries, Interfaith Hospitality Network.
- Joining with other American Baptists in mission trips
Volunteer at FBC
There are also many ways you can volunteer in our local church.
In First Baptist Church, volunteers are engaged in vital activities that keep our congregation running smoothly. We welcome any type of volunteer service. Do you have a special talent or skill to share with the church? There’s a place for you!
The following list illustrates only a few of the ways our church members and friends contribute to the life of the church:
- Teaching Sunday School
- Helping in the nursery
- Singing in the choir or ringing handbells
- Leading adult study groups
- Providing office support by acting as a receptionist on a regular basis
- Coordinating events like the Christmas Dinner
- Decorating the altar for Sunday worship
- Helping with Fellowship Hour and other community events in the kitchen
- Managing the church library
- Providing audio support for worship and special events
- Documenting church life through photos and videos
- Visiting our homebound members
- … and many more!