Worship at First Baptist Church…
…is a creative collaboration of music, preaching, prayer, visual arts, and community. While our worship format is traditional, our worship content can be fresh and dynamic. In addition to regular worship services at 10:00 A.M. on Sunday mornings, we hold special worship services during the church year, such as Holy Week services, contemporary music services, and a Blessing of the Animals with other congregations in the summer. There are also musical services like All Soul’s in November and Lessons and Carols in December. During the summer, services are held in Gordon Hall, rather than the main sanctuary.
Before your first visit
What do services at FBC look like during COVID-19?During this time of physical distancing due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our services and events have primarily been held online. Our COVID Task Force has been meeting monthly to update guidelines and expand the conditions that will allow us to meet together in person. The current guidelines can be found on the Upcoming Events page. For summer 2021, we transitioned to in-person, outdoor services on the lawn, and in September we began holding in-person services inside the sanctuary. All in-person attendees (vaccinated or not) are required to mask and socially distance while inside the church building. At FBC, we value inclusion and chose not to resume regular in-person services until it was felt to be safe for everyone to join us. We will continue to prioritize the safety of all and will return to online services only if infection rates in the community change. We recognize that not everyone feels comfortable attending in person at this time, or are unable to physically attend due to work, sickness, etc. Our services will continue to be broadcast live on the Sermons page and Facebook Live so that all may worship together, whether in spirit or in person. If you are curious about the church, the livestream is a great, no pressure way to check us out.
These are our current safety protocols for services:
• Social distancing to be maintained.
• Fully vaccinated people may decide whether or not to mask. Mask wearing is encouraged around children or those who have not been fully vaccinated.
• Close encounters and hugging only with others’ permission.
• No sharing of food, beverages or books with people outside your family group.
• Masks to be worn at all times, even during singing and spoken responses.
• Social distancing between family groups must be maintained at all times within the building.
• No sharing of beverages or books.
• Solo singers may be without masks within the chancel area.
Are any events being held in the church building at this time?As above, we are currently holding in-person services outside. We are also resuming other events, such as funerals and weddings. As we navigate the path to having in-person events again, the following guidelines are being followed for any event held at FBC:
• All participants must wear masks inside the church building
• Social distancing is encouraged for all participants inside the building
• Masks and sanitizer must be available for all
• Event organizers must keep a record of all attendees and follow up with everyone if any participant subsequently tests positive for COVID-19
• Event organizers must ensure all participants understand and adhere to safe practice
• No food or drink may be served without prior approval of FBC
• FBC reserves the right to modify these protocols in light of changing infection rates
• All attendees are participating of their own free will and release The First Baptist Church of Worcester (FBC) of any liability, or responsibility should an exposure, or positive test arise in the days, or weeks following an in-person event held at FBC